Naturalization Test Miami/FL 2011
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Who is the chief justice of the United States now?
John Roberts ( John G. Roberts Jr.)
Under our Constitution some powers belong to the States. What is one power of the States?
- * Approve zoning and land use
- * Give a driver's licence
- * Provide safety ( fire dep)
- * Provide protection (Police)
- * Provide schooling and education
Why did the colonists fight the British?
- * Because they didn'y have self government
- * Because the british army stayed in their houses ( Boarding, Quartering)
- * Because of high taxes ( Taxation without represantation)
What is one reason colonist came to America?
- * Political liberty
- * Escape persecution
- * Religious freedom
- * Practice their religion
- * Freedom
- * Economic opportunity
Who is the speaker of the house of representatives now?
There are four amendments to the constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them
- * You don't have to pay a poll tax to vote
- * A male citizen of any race can vote
- * Any citizen can vote. Women and men can vote
- * Citizens 18 and older can vote
What do we show loyalty to when we say the pledge of allegiance?
- * The United States
- * The flag
What did Martin Luther King Jr. do?
- * Worked for equality for all Americans
- * Fought for civil rights
What MOVEMENT tried to end racial discrimination?
Civil rights MOVEMENT
Name one war fought in the 1900s
- * Persian Gulf War
- * Vietnam War
- * Korean War
- * World war 1 and 2
What did Emancipation Proclamation do?
- * Freed the slaves in most Southern states
- * Freed slaves in the Confederate states
- * Freed slaves in the Confederacy
- * Freed the slaves
What was one important thing Abraham Lincoln did?
- * Led the United States during the Civil War
- * Saved or preserved the Union
- * Freed the Slaves ( Emancipation Proclamation)
Name one problem that led to Civil war
- * States' rights
- * Slavery
- * Economic reasons
Name one war that was fought in 1800s
- * Mexican American war
- * War of 1812
- * Spanish American war
- * Civil war
What is one thing Benjamin Franklin is famous for?
- * Writer of Poor Richard's Almanac
- * Started the first free libraries
- * Oldest member of the Constitutional Convention
- * First postmaster general of the United States
- * U.S diplomat
The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S Constitution. Name one of the writers
- *James Madison
- * Alexander Hamilton
- * John Jay
- * Publius
When was declaration of independence was ADOPTED?
July 4, 1776
What are 2 cabinet level positions?
Secretary of Agriculture, Education, Defence, Energy, Homeland Security, State, Labor, Transportation, Health and Human Services, Vice President, Attorney General.......................
What does Judicial Branch do?
- Reviews laws
- Explains laws
- Resolves disputes, disagreements
- Decides if a law goes against the Constitution
Why do some states have more representatives than others?
- Because of the State's population
- Because they have more people
- Because some states have more people
Who does a U.S Senator represent?
All people of the state
Name your U.S representative
Marid Diaz Balart
Who is one of your state's U.S senator now?
What are 2 parts of the U.S congress?
The Senate and the House of representatives
Who makes federal laws?
- U.S or national legislature
- Senate and House of representatives
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview