Chapter 33 invertebrates
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
How a sponge feeds and digests its food
- feed: filter feeders
- digest: intracellular digestion
Distinguish amoung the 4 classes of Plathelminthes
- Turbellaria: all free living and mostly marine
- Monogenea & Trematoda: complex life cycles with alternating sexual and asexual phases.
- Trematoda that parasitize humans spend part of their lives in snail hosts
clestoda: tapeworms, have 2 phases life cycle & 2 types of hosts, lack a digestive system.
Taenia Solium: Pork tapeworm
Name one member of each class
- Monogenea: fish
- trematodes: snail
- Cestoda: Tapeworm
- Taenia solium: pig
Distinguish amoung the 3 classes of Annelida, give example of each.
- Oligochaeta: earth worms
- Polychaeta: Mostly marine, Oarapodia
- Hirudinia: Leeches, freshwater
Features of Spiders
cheliceriforms, and have fore pairs of walking legs.
characteristics of echinoderms that distinguish them from other animal phyla
- 1) endoskeleton
- 2)spiny skin
- 3) pentaradial symmentry
- 4)water vascular system
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview