Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What is the weight of the M240B?
Approximately 27.6 pounds
What Field Manual covers the M240B?
FM 3-22.68 Chapter 3
Describe the M240B
The M240B is a belt-fed, air-cooled, gas-operated, fully automatic machine gun that fires from the open bolt position.
What is the sustained rate of fire for the M240B?
100 Rounds per minute fired in 6 to 9 round bursts and 4 to 5 seconds between bursts. Barrel change every 10 minutes.
What is the rapid rate of fire for the M240B?
200 Rounds per minute fired in 10 to 13 round bursts and 2 to 3 seconds between bursts. Barrel change every 2minutes.
What is the cyclic rate of fire for the M240B?
650 to 950 Rounds per minute fired in continuous bursts. Barrel change every minute.
What is the maximum range of the M240B?
What is the maximum effective range of the M240B with tripod and T&E?
What is the maximum effective range of the M240B for an area target?
- Tripod –1,100 meters
- Bipod – 800 meters
What is the maximum effective range of the M240B for a point target?
- Tripod – 800 meters
- Bipod – 600 meters
What is the length of the M240B
What is the maximum tracer burnout for the M240B?
What are the proper clearing procedures for the M240B?
- 1. Move the safety to the fire “F” position.
- 2. With his right hand, (palm up) pulls the cocking handle to the rear, ensuring the bolt is locked to the rear (bipodmode).
- 3. Return the cocking handle to its forward position.
- 4. Place the safety on safe “S.”
- 5. Raise the cover assembly and conduct the four-point safety check for brass, links, or ammunition.Check the feed pawl assembly under the cover.Check the feed tray.Lift the feed tray and inspects the chamber.Check the space between the face of the bolt and chamber to include the space under the bolt and operatingrod assembly.
- 6. Close the feed tray and cover assembly and place the safety to the fire “F” position. Pull cocking handle to therear, and pull the trigger while manually riding the bolt forward. Close the ejection port cover.
What are the proper procedures for performing a function check on the M240B?
- 1. Places the safety on “F.”
- 2. Pulls the cocking handle to the rear, locking the bolt to the rear of the receiver.
- 3. Returns the cocking handle to the forward position.
- 4. Places the safety on “S,” and closes the cover.
- 5. Pulls the trigger. (Bolt should not go forward).
- 6. Places the safety on “F.”
- 7. Pulls the cocking handle to the rear, pulls the trigger, and rides the bolt forward
- 8. Closes the ejection port cover.
What size projectile is fired from the MK19?
What is a MK64, MOD7?
The gun cradle for the MK19
Describe the MK19.
An air-cooled, blow back operated, belt-fed machine gun that is fed by a disintegrating metallic-link belt and fires40mm grenade cartridges
What is the length of the MK19?
What is the maximum range of the MK19?
What is the maximum effective range of the MK19?
- Point - 1,500 meters
- Area - 2,212 meters
What are the rates of fire for the MK19?
- Sustained- 40 rds/min
- Rapid- 60 rds/min
- Cyclic- 325-375 rds/min
What is the muzzle velocity of the MK19?
798ft per second
What are the two most common malfunctions of the MK19?
- Runaway gun
- Sluggish action
When taking immediate action for a "runaway gun" with the MK19, should you ever break the ammo belt?
One click in rear site windage equals how many change?
Describe the sight system for the MK19.
The MK19 has a blade-type front sight attached to the top cover assembly and a leaf-type rear sight (with an adjustablerange plate) mounted on a spring dovetail base. The rear sight range plate is incremented in 100-meter intervals from 300 to 1500 meters. Range changes are made using either the slide release or the elevation wheel. The rear sight is alsoadjustable for windage
What is the weight of the MK19 weapon system?
- System weight (Gun, Cradle and Tripod with feed throat) = 143 lbs
- MK19 with feed throat = 78 lbs
- MK64 = 21 lbs
- M3 (tripod) = 44 lbs
What FM covers the MK19?
What is the average recoil force of the MK19?
What are the 6 steps in the MK19 cycle of operation?
- 1. Charging
- 2. Extract ing (delinking)
- 3. Cocking
- 4. Firing
- 5. Blowback
- 6. Automatic Feeding
What is the weight of the M2 .50 Cal machine gun?
Which FM covers the M2 .50 Cal?
What is the length of the barrel of the .50 Cal?
What is the maximum range of the .50 Cal?
What is the muzzle velocity of the .50 Cal?
3,050 ftper sec
What is the description of the .50 Cal, HB, M2 Machine Gun?
The Browning machine gun caliber .50 HB, M2 is a belt-fed, recoil-operated,air-cooled, crew-served machine gun. Thegun is capable of single shot, as well as automatic fire, and operates on the short recoil principle.
What is the maximum effective range of the .50 Cal against point and area targets?
- Point targets Single shot- 1,500 meters
- Area shot- 1,830 meters
What is the length of the .50 Cal, overall?
Approximately 65.13 inches
What is the cyclic rate of fire of the M2 .50 Cal?
450-550rounds a minute
What type of front sight does the M2 .50 Cal have?
A semi-fixed blade type with cover
What type of rear sight does the M2 .50 Cal have?
A leaf type rear sight graduated in both yards and mils
What are the common malfunctions of the M2 .50 Cal?
- Failure to function freely
- Uncontrolled automatic fire
What are the ten major components and assemblies of the M2 .50 Cal?
- 1. Barrel Group
- 2. Carrier Assembly
- 3. Back plate Group
- 4. Receiver Group
- 5. Bolt Stud
- 6. Cover Group
- 7. Barrel Buffer Body
- 8. Barrel extension group
- 9. Bolt Group
- 10. Driving Spring Rod Assembly