Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Define Nosocomial Infection
An infection acquired in a hospital or other medical facility.
What is WHO?
The World Health Organization, Geneva Switzerland
What is CDC?
Center for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia
What is the responsibility of WHO?
- International disease control.
- Aids developing nations establish immunization programs.
- Surveillance of potential epidemics.
- Training for health professionals.
- Management of food supplies.
What is the responsiblity of the CDC?
- Provides guidelines for publich health and safety.
- Recommendations regarding use of antibiotics.
- Storing distribution of rarely used drugs.
- REcommendations for vaccines.
- Publish epidemiology studies (morbidity & mortality Wkly Rpt)
How can you control/prevent nosocomial infections?
- Personal protective equipment.
- Rodent and insect control.
- surveillance of antibiotic use by hospital.
- Isolation procedures for bodily samples.
- Procedures for use of catheters and other euipment.
- Education programe for staff.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview