Soc Review 1-1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
3 elements that cause black-white achievement gap theories to endure
- 1. Fear of acting white
- 2. Internalization of negative stereotypes (Stereotype Threat - psychological process which occurs when members of a negatively stereotyped group are placed in a situation where they fear they may confirm stereotypes)
- 3. Argument about intelligence from genetics
Myths of Preferential Policies
- 1. Affirmative action is thought to be the only form of preferential treatment
- 2. Affirmative action takes away opportunities from deserving white students
- 3. Blacks and Hispanics who gain admittance through affirmative action are unprepared and will fail
The Dream Act
Under this act undocumented immigrants can be eligible for a conditional path to citizenship for military service or two years of college
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview