Soc Review 3-2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
"Good Old Age" Factors
1. Physical Health / Functioning 2. Material Security 3. Family 4. Sociality
Programs that provide minimal benefits for the needy, means tested through income and behavior
Provides economic security over life course, people contribute to a common pool and earn benefits
Social Assistance Programs
- 1. Medicaid - funded by income tax and state tax, is health insurance for aged, blind, and disabled poor
- 2. SSI - funded by income tax, is income for aged, blind, and disabled
Social Insurance Programs
- 1. Social Security - funded by payroll tax of workers and employers, is income for workers age 62+ or dependents
- 2. Disability Insurance - funded by payroll tax of workers and employers, is income for any disabled worker who has contributed to Social Security
- Form of Social Insurance, is health insurance for Social Security recipients and for spouse at age 65.
- Components: 1. Hospital Insurance 2. Supplemental Medical Insurance 3. Medicare Advantage 4. Prescription Drugs
Emotional support, instrumental support (transportation, meals, shopping), personal care, and contacting/monitoring/coordinating services. 50% of women will be caregivers and 75% of caregivers are women
Emotional Stress, Financial Stress, Physical Stress
Right to Die
Individuals have the right to dignity and privacy and informed participation
Someone helping you kill yourself
Deliberate steps taken to bring about someone elses death
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview