Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what are the 8 parts of shears ?
1. finger tang
:used for support
2. ring finger ferrule
: - control still blade
3. thumb ferrule
: controls moving blade
- 4. shank :- stability and control as you
5. tension sccrew
: distinguishes left hand shears from right hand shears
: blade that moves while cutting the hair.
- 7. still blade : blade , that remains
- while cutting the hair.
- 8. cutting edge : sharpe edge used to
- cut hair.
positioning of the shears
- 1. The correct hand position while cutting
- is palm to palm.
- 2. The thumb should not be placed all
- the way insude the thimb ferrule .
- 3. The cutting zone is from the tip of
- the index finger to the second
- 4. The middle finger is used as a
- chopping block to rest the shear
- on for support and control .
- 5. The holding hand is the most
- important hand when cutting .
What are the shear degree ?
- 1. ---------: straight 0 degree -precise
- 2.^^^^^^ : notching 45 degree - shear
- held side ways.
- 3. l l l l l l l : point cutting 90 degree
- going in straight.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview