Card Set Information
What is a virus?
Nucleic acid with a protein coat
__?__ are the 7 parts of a viruses replication cycle.
1. Binding surface receptor.
2. Genome enters cell and uncoats.
3. Early viral genes are expressed.
4. Early viral prot. direct replication of viral genome.
5. Late viral genes are expressed from newly. replicated viral genome.
6. Late viral prot package genome and assemble progeny virus particles.
7. Virions are released from cell.
__?__ is the process in which viruses replicate.
disintegration and reconstitution.
Classification suffixes: Family, Genus, Species
__?__ are the 8 categories that are used to classify viruses.
Presence/absence of envelope
Single/double stranded nucleic acid
mono- or multipartite genome