Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a virus?
Nucleic acid with a protein coat
__?__ are the 7 parts of a viruses replication cycle.
- 1. Binding surface receptor.
- 2. Genome enters cell and uncoats.
- 3. Early viral genes are expressed.
- 4. Early viral prot. direct replication of viral genome.
- 5. Late viral genes are expressed from newly. replicated viral genome.
- 6. Late viral prot package genome and assemble progeny virus particles.
- 7. Virions are released from cell.
__?__ is the process in which viruses replicate.
disintegration and reconstitution.
Classification suffixes: Family, Genus, Species
__?__ are the 8 categories that are used to classify viruses.
- Presence/absence of envelope
- Single/double stranded nucleic acid
- mono- or multipartite genome
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview