Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Parvo means __?__
small because it is the smallest virion
Parvovirus virion is __?__.
Parvo- genome is __?__.
linear ssDNA (+ or -) with self complementary hairpin structures at terminus that act as primers.
Parvo distinct characteristics include: __?__ (X6)
- Stronge dependancy on cell cycle
- Autonomous parvo replicates only in S-phase
- Dependo- requires a helper virus
- DNA must first become double stranded before trx
- Site specific integration (adeno-associated virus)
Dependo- requires either __?__ or __?__ viruses to undergo replication.
- -Adenovirus or Herpesvirus
Without AAV Dependo __?__ by __?__ because __?__.
establishes a latent infection by inserting its genome because Rep78 binds, cleaves and promotes integration.
Adenovirus provides __?__ which __?__.
- E1A (transcriptional activator of AAV genes and cellular DNA replication genes)
- E1B ( transports AAV mRNA to cytoplasm for Tln)
Know replication process and Rep78 prot involvment.
- 1. Hair pin (ABCA' [3' end] with palandrom at other end
- 2. Host DNA pol extends 3' end (has -OH)
- 3. Rep nicks at A' of 3' end so hairpin can unfold and be copied on new stand
- 4. Hair pins reform (on old and new strands)
Examples of Parvovirus include:
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview