Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Poly- means: and -oma means:
Polyomavirus virion is __?__.
Polyoma- genome is __?__.
Circular dsDNA packaged as "minichromosomes" with nucleosomes formed from celllular histones
Polyoma- genes are transcribed in __?__ which are called __?__.
- in two units
- early (regulate cycle/direct DNA rep) and late (Virus capsid VP1, 3, and 3)
Examples of Polyoma include: __?__
BK and JC virus
Polyoma distinct characteristics include :__?__ (X4)
- dependant on cellular RNA synthesis and RNA processing enzymes and DNA rep machinery
- T antigens are oncogenes that can transfrom nonpermissive cells in vitro (binds pRb and p53)
pRb and p53 are __?__/
- They are both tumor supressor genes. By deactivating them the virus induces cell proliferation so it can be replicated.
- Does so without letting p53 put the cell into apoptosis
The T antigen __?__ p53 trx and __?__ pRb.
- inhibits pRb which is a trx factor usually bound to DNA preventing trx. (inhibiting pRb activates trx)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview