Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Adenovirus's virion is __?__.
naked icosahedral with protruding knobbed fibers at vertices
Adenovirus's genome is __?__
- linear dsDNA with short inverted terminal sequences and both 5' ends are covalently bound to a virus coded terminal prot.
- 1 promoter with different poly A signals (splicing)
Examples of Adenovirus include:
Ovine adenovirus D
Adenovirus distinct characteristics include: (3)
- Multiple mRNA arise by extensice alternative splicing
- 1 strong promoter with multiple poly A signals ( each stop is a different prot)
- DNA syn primed by terminal prot ( uses own DNA POL)
__?__ is the role of E1A and is associated with which other virus?
activates trx and induces the host cell to enter S phase of cycle by binding pRb)
__?__ is the role of E1B.
Induces cell growth by promoting degredation of p53 and suppresses apoptosis
The role of E3 is to __?__.
- block MHC transport to plasma membrane
- Cell immune evasion
What is unique about Adenovirus replication?
- dsDNA is primed by protein (not RNA)
- replication creates single strand by seperating two strands.
- Single strand is covered in "DNA binding prot" and cyclizes creating a "panhandle".
- Another Pol can the replicate this strand giving two complete dsDNA copies
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview