- -commitment and well-being
- -committed employees --> less likely to leave, more likely to perform effectively and be good org citizens.
- -evidence that strong AC to org may have positive health benefits
-commitment as moderator of stressor/strain relationships - double-edged sword nature of commitment - strong commitment can activate coping, but can also make someone more vulnerable to psychological stress in the area of commitment.
3 components of SDT -- Competence, Autonomy, Relatedness
- hedonic well-being: more focused on short-term, may be similar to Herzberg's hygiene factors
- eudaimonic well-being: not always pleasurable, but longer-term fulfillment experience.