Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Formula for Sensitivity?
- Proportion of diseased popylation with positive test results
- TP/(TP + FN)
Mnemonic for sensitivity and specificity
If the 95% confidence interval crosses zero for a treatment, then it is NOT significant.
If a 95% confidence interval crosses 1 for a relative risk or odds ratio, then it is NOT significant
Number Needed to Treat
- 1/(absolute risk reduction)
- 1/(rate in placebo group minus rate in treatment group)
Number Needed to Harm
- The number needed to harm (NNH) is the number of pts who get a drug or intervention for each patient harmed.
- 1/(rate harmed in treatment group - rate in placebo group)
divide the incidence with exposure by the incidence without exposure
Incidence with exposure ÷ incidence without exposure
subtract incidence with exposure from incidence without exposure
Incidence with exposure - Incidence without exposure
Formula for Specificity?
TN / TN + FP
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview