psychology "The Breakfast Club"
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The stage of social and emotional development that Erikson believed was typically experienced during adolescence
"Who am I and why am I here?"
The characteristics of the four adolescent identity statuses
Adolescents will typically choose friends similar in what categories?
- Adolescents choose friends similar in:
- -Academic attitude
- -Risky or problem behavior
The three types of cliques
- 1)Member: ties to only one group.
- 2) Liaison: ties to more than one group.
- 3) Isolate: not connected to any group.
The four types of parenting styles
- 1)Authoritarian: relentlessly imposing rules and demanding obedience.
- 2) Permissive: parenting style emphasizing self-expression and self-regulation.
- 3) Uninvolved: do whatever you want.
- 4) Authoritative: have rules and control, but explain why they are necessary in a loving and caring way.
Everything we said regarding adolescent suicide
- 1) About 25% of US high school students have seriously considered suicide.
- 2) Girls are more likely to consider suicide.
- 3) Boys are more likely to successfully commit suicide.
- 4) This is at least partially due to the fact
- that boys are more likely to use guns, while girls are
- more likely to ingest substances, such as sleeping
Which of the four adolescent identity statuses did we say each adolescent character had?
Which of the three types of cliques did we say each adolescent character fell into?
- Andrew (the jock): Member
- Brian (the smart one): Liaison
- Bender (the rebel): Member
- Allison (the loner): Isolate
- Claire ( the popular one): Member
Which of the four parenting styles did we say each adolescent character's parent(s) had?
- Andrew (the jock): Authoritarian
- Brian (the smart one): Authoritarian
- Bender (the rebel): Uninvolved
- Allison (the loner): Uninvolved
- Claire ( the popular one): Permissive
The number of people that died during the Virgina tech Massacre
33 (including the perpetrator)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview