Psychology "Dirty Filthy Love"
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The types of obsessive thoughts and related compulsive behaviors common to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
- 1)Contamination fears
- 2)Harming self or others
- 3)Lack of symmetry
- 4)Pathological doubt
- 5)Sexual obsessions
- 6)Obsessions about superstitious or religious beliefs
- 7)Compulsive Hoarding: the excessive acquisition of
- possessions (and failure to use or discard them), even if the items are worthless, hazardous, or unsanitary.
Brain Scans of people suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder show what?
The therapies used in treating people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
1)Thought Stopping Therapy (Cognitive Therapy):
the individual is instructed to yell “STOP” every time they begin having repetitive thoughts.
Systematic Desensitization: reduces fear by gradually exposing people to the source under controlled conditions.
- 2)Exposure Therapy (Behavioral Therapy): the patient is exposed to the situation that brings on the compulsive behavior,but is prevented from engaging in it.
- Flooding: a sudden and large-scale exposure to the source of fear under controlled conditions.
The demographics of people with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder versus Tourette Syndrome
The common motor and vocal tics common among people with Tourette Syndrome
- Some Common Motor Tics:
- 1)Eye blinking
- 2)Clearing the throat
- 3)Head twitching or shaking
- 4)Flailing one’s arms about
- 5) Copropraxia: involuntarily performing obscene or forbidden gestures.
- 6) Echopraxia: the involuntary repetition or imitation of the observed movements of another.
- Some Common Vocal Tics:
- 1) Coprolalia: involuntary swearing or the involuntary utterance of obscene words or socially inappropriate and derogatory remarks.
- 2)Echolalia: the automatic repetition of vocalizations made by another person.
- 3) Palilalia: the repetition or echoing of one's own spoken words.
- 6)Random bizarre noises
The type of therapy employed at the farm
The cause of why Mark has trouble focusing on his wife during sex
What was the ultimate purpose of Mark relentlessly pursued his ex-wife to ask her why she has sex with him after separating from him?
What kind of disorder is Trichotillomania?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview