The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.
Conditional vs. Unconditional Positive Regard
- Unconditional Positive Regard:
- the acceptance of the person as he or she is.
- ConditionalPositive Regard:
- the person is only held in esteem
- when they fulfill certain requirements set for them by another person or society
Self-Concept Versus Ideal Self
- Self-Concept (Real Self):
- an image of the person that one really is
- Ideal Self:
- an image that represents the person one would like
- to be
Extrinsic Motivation vs. Intrinsic Motivaton
- Extrinsic Motivation:
- refers to things that are external to oneself, such as money or rewards.
- Intrinsic Motivation:
- refers to things that are internal, such as pride of accomplishment.
When your subjective experience is altered as you become absorbed or fully immersed in your activity
- the mental state of operation in which the person is fully immersed in what he or she is doing by a feeling of energized
- focus, full involvement, and success in the process of the activity. The challenge and skill levels should be high.
The three key ingredients that promote happiness
Contribution to the Community
What we said a Humanistic Psychologist would say was responsible for Rocky's improvement in life despite his limitations
What the Compensatory Responsibility Model would suggest about the role Adrian and Mickey played in Rocky's success
What a Humanistic Psychologist would call the events of Adrian falling in love with Rocky and Rocky going the distance with Apollo Creed
What is Transpersonal Psychology primarily about?