Psychology 69 Exam 3 Study Guide
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The stage of social and emotional development that Erikson believed was typically experienced during adolescence
- Identity versus Identity “Role” Confusion:
- Erikson’s fifth stage of social & emotional development, in which an adolescent
- seeks to develop a coherent sense of self, including the role she or he is to play in society.
The characteristics of the four adolescent identity statuses
Adolescents will typically choose friends similar in what categories?
Risky or Problem Behavior
The three types of cliques
- structured groups of friends that are very common in
ties to only one group.
: ties to more than one group.
not connected to any group
The four types of parenting styles
- relentlessly imposing rules and demanding obedience.
- parenting style emphasizing self-expression and self-regulation.
- do whatever you want.
- have rules and control, but explain why they are necessary in a loving and caring
Everything we said regarding adolescent suicide
1)About 25% of US high school students have seriously considered suicide.
2) Girls are more likely to consider suicide.
3) Boys are more likely to successfully commit suicide.
- 4) This is at least partially due to the fact that boys are more likely to use guns, while girls are
- more likely to ingest substances, such as sleeping pills
Which of the four adolescent identity statuses did we say each adolescent character had?
Which of the three types of cliques did we say each adolescent character fell into?
Which of the four parenting styles did we say each adolescent character's parent(s) had?
The number of people that died during the Virginia tech Massacre
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview