Discuss the basic assumptions and goals of behavior therapy, techniques that are based on classical conditioning principles, including systematic
desensitization, the bell and pad treatment, and aversive conditioning.
- focuses on directly changing maladaptive behavior patterns by using basic learning principles and techniques.
- classical conditioning and operant conitioning.
- Goal: eliminate maladaptive behaviors and learn more effective behavior patterns.
- tech. based on classical conditioning
- - counterconditioning: baby peter is just like albert. snacks everyday, brought rabbit closer each day. happy vs fear.
- -bell and pad treatment: bladder problem. wet pad= bell goes off.
- -aversive conditioning: antabuse, need for alcoholic. bitting nails.