Hypo and Hypermagnesemia
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What causes hypermagnesemia?
Meds (anatacids, laxatives)
What are sx of hypermagnesemia?
weakness, N/V, hypotension, arrhythmia, asystole, loss of reflexes
How do you tx hypermagnesemia?
- Make sure meds they are taking don't contain Mg
- Calcium gluconate if they become toxic and develop arryhthmias
- Dialysis if they code
- Loop diuretics with nl renal function
What causes hypomagnesemia?
- Chronic EtOH
- Drop in Ca and K levels
What EKG changes develop with magenesium problems?
How do you tx hypomagnesemia?
- MgOxide PO or MgSO4 rider (2-4gm)
- 2g for renal failure, 4g for nonrenal failure
What are sx for hypomagnesemia?
None (possible decreased reflexes)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview