Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
central nervous system (CNS)
- consists of the spinal cord and brain
- the spinal cord integrates and processes information on its own, in addition to relaying information to and from the brain
What does the adult spinal cord contain?
- posterior median sulcus (shallow)
- anterior median fissure (wide)
- includes localized enlargements
- cervical and lumbar
- expanded regions where there in increased gray matter to provide innervation of the limbs
Where does the adult spinal extend from?
from the foramen magnum to LI
Where does the spinal cord taper?
tapers to a conical tip (conus medullaris)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview