Immuno Lec 28.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
X-linked hyper IgM syndrome?
Can't produce Plasma cells or macrophages
CD affected by X-linked hyper IgM syndrome?
AID mutations, autosomal hyper IgM syndrome?
Can't mature B-cells to Plasma cells
Macrophages do not produce RO species = fibrous tissue laid down with T-cells and fibrocartilage
Beta-2 integrins shot so binding does not occur
What CD is affected in LAD1?
Sialyl-Lewis X component of E/P slectin ligands causes inability of lymphocytes to migrate
Deficient complement cascade
Complement C2, C4 deficiency?
- Can't activate classical pathway
- no clearing of pathogens
- Defective LYST gene
- Neutrophils, marophages, dendrites and NK cells do not function correctly
- impaird binding of proteins and vesicles as well as granules
- BtK deficiency
- can't produce immature B-cells
- Lack of thymus
- ineffective T-cell maturation
inefficient gamma-chain on cytokine receptors
What cytokines are affected by Deficient CD132?
T, NK and B cells for CD 132?
- T/NK cells are not present
- B-cells are non-functional
Adenosine deaminase (ADA)?
- can't produce purines
- buildup of toxic metabolites and inhibition of DNA synthesis
- No JAK-STAT pathway
- no transcription factors for gene regulation
What cells are damaged b/c of JAK3 deficiency?
B and T-cells
Recombination activating gene (RAG) deficiency?
- inhibit T and B cell development via lack of TCR and Ig's
- NK cells not affected
Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS)?
- ineffective WASP protein
- ineffective hematopoiesis
What cells are affected by WAS?
symptoms of WAS?
- recurrent infections
- decreased IgM
- Normal/Increased IgA, IgG, IgE
- Mutation in ATM kinase
- lack of DNA repair
Symptoms of AT?
- Sinus/respiratory infection
- Abnormal gait
- dilated blood vessels
Antibodies affected by AT?
- IgA, IgE, IgG all decreased
- IgM normal
Hyper IgE syndrome?
Lack of STAT3 and lack of IL-12 production
Symptoms of Hyper IgE syndrome?
- Lack of phagocytosis
- Th2 overproduction = high IgE production
- DTH deficits
- pneumonia, abscesses, facial, skeletal, and dental abnormalities
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview