Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
What does FM 6-22 cover?
Army Leadership (Competent, Confident and Agile)
What does FM 7-0 cover?
Training the force
Leadership is influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation while operating to accomplish themission and improving the organization.
What is purpose?
Purpose gives subordinates the reason to act in order to achieve a desired outcome.
What is direction?
Providing clear direction involves communicating how to accomplish a mission: prioritizing tasks, assigningresponsibility for completion, and ensuring subordinates understand the standard.
What is motivation?
Motivation supplies the will to do what is necessary to accomplish a mission.
Describe the "Be, Know and Do".
Army leadership begins with what the leader must BE, the values and attributes that shape a leader's character. Yourskills are those things you KNOW how to do, your competence in everything from the technical side of your job to thepeople skills a leader requires. But character and knowledge while absolutely necessary are not enough. You cannot beeffective, you cannot be a leader, until you apply what you know, until you act and DO what you must.
What are the three principal ways that leaders can develop others through which they provide knowledge andfeedback?
- 1. Counseling
- 2. Coaching
- 3. Mentoring
A leader's effectiveness is dramatically enhanced by understanding and developing what areas?
- 1. Military Bearing
- 2. Physical Fitness
- 3. Confidence
- 4. Resilience
What is military bearing?
Projecting a commanding presence, a professional image of authority
What is physical fitness?
Having sound health, strength, and endurance, which sustain emotional health and conceptual abilities under prolongedstress.
What is confidence?
Projecting self-confidence and certainty in the unit's ability to succeed in whatever it does; able to demonstratecomposure and outward calm through steady control over emotion.
What is resilience?
Showing a tendency to recover quickly from setbacks, shock, injuries, adversity, and stress while maintaining amission and organizational focus.
What are the three core domains that shape the critical learning experiences throughout Soldiers' and leaders'careers?
- 1. Institutional training.
- 2. Training, education, and job experience gained during operational assignments.
- 3. Self-development.
What are the Leader Actions?
- 1. Influencing - getting people (Soldiers, Army civilians, and multinational partners) to do what is necessary.
- 2. Operating - the actions taken to influence others to accomplish missions and to set the stage for future operations.
- 3. Improving - capturing and acting on important lessons of ongoing and completed projects and missions.
What are the three levels of leadership?
- 1. Direct - Direct leadership is face-to-face, first-line leadership.
- 2. Organizational - Organizational leaders influence several hundred to several thousand people. They do thisindirectly, generally through more levels of subordinates than do direct leaders.
- 3. Strategic - Strategic leaders include military and DA civilian leaders at the major command through Departmentof Defense levels. Strategic leaders are responsible for large organizations and influence several thousand tohundreds of thousands of people.
What are the attributes of an Armyleader?
- 1. A leader of character
- 2. A leader with presence
- 3. A leader with intellectual capacity
What are the core leader competencies?
- 1. An Army leader leads
- 2. An Army leader develops
- 3. An Army leader achieves.
Name the two barriers of communications
- 1. Physical
- 2. Psychological
Name some physical barriers of communication
Noise of battleDistance
Counseling is the process used by leaders to review with a subordinate the subordinate's demonstrated performance andpotential.
What are the three major categories of developmental counseling?
- 1. Event counseling
- 2. Performance counseling
- 3. Professional growth counseling
1. Event counseling2. Performance counseling3. Professional growth counseling
- 1. Army Values
- 2. Empathy
- 3. Warrior Ethos
What are the 7 steps to problem solving?
- 1. ID the problem
- 2. Gather information
- 3. Develop criteria
- 4. Generate possible solutions
- 5. Analyze possible solutions
- 6. Compare possible solutions
- 7. Make and implement the decision
What are the team building stages?
- 1. Formation
- 2. Enrichment
- 3. Sustainment
Name some things in a unit that affect morale
- Military justice
What are beliefs?
Beliefs derive from upbringing, culture, religious backgrounds and traditions.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview