Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 1. Working against, opposing
- The city council received adverse criticism when they wanted to shut down the park
- 2. Harmful, unfavorable
- He had an adverse reaction to the drugs
- Remote or distant, usually by choice. Showing no interest
- Kitty is aloof when company comes over
- 1. A choice between 2 or more things
- The alternatives are chicken or steak for dinner
- 2. Any one of the things that can be chosen
- Relating to dog
- Kitty is not from the canine family, she is a feline
- Required by law or firm rule
- 6th grade is compulsory before you move to 7th
- Following one after another, in a row
- I missed school for 4 consecutive days when I was sick.
- 1. Deserted, lonely, without signs of life.
- Bin Laden was not hiding in a cave in a desolate area.
- 2. Filled with sorrow, sad
- Jason is desolate every time kitty gets out.
- 1. To send on specific business
- Daddy was dispatched to Denver to check on his building.
- 2. To finish or complete promptly
- Lauren dispatched all the oysters on her plate in Mexico.
- 3. To kill quickly
- The creature in Kraig's pool was dispatched upon hitting the icy water.
- 4. A written message sent quickly
- He delivered the dispatches in person.
- 1. the way that things differ
- The distinction between a horse and a zebra is that the zebra has stripes
- 2. Special honor
- Obama had the distinction of becoming the first black president
- 3. Excellence of performance or ability
- Lauren won the meet with distinction.
- 1. To put up with
- We have to endure Jason's bouncy ball all night
- 2. To go on for a long time
- Can we endure the 8 hour lecture? Do you have enough endurance to run the marathon?
- To rise and fall; to keep changing
- The temeperature flucuates between 50 - 80 in the spring.
- Tiring, exhausting
- Making these flashcards is grueling.
- To handle roughly
- Jason was mauled by Bently
- To take part in
- Are you going to participate in the swim meet?
- Strong and vigorous
- Perseus was a robust warrior.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview