Chapter 18 vocab pt 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which the chromosomes moves to the oposite ends of the nuclear spindle.
Daughter chromosomes move toward the poles of the spindal.
- Programmed Cell Death (PCD)
- Involving cascade of specific cellular events leading to death and destruction of the cell
Short radiationg fibers about the cenrioles at the poles of the spindle
- Star like structures form around centromes during mitosis, during
- mitosis 2 asters migrate to opposite sides of the nucleus in
- prepreation of mitotic spindle formation
- Dark staining body in the nuclei of femmale mammels that contains a inactive X chromosome
- -Inactive X chromosome in a female cell
- -AKA, Sex chromoatin
Cellular structure existing in pairs
Existing in pairs organizes the mitotic spindal for chromosomal form aster during mitosis
Repeating sequene of celllar events that consists of enterphase, mitosis, and cytokinesis
Series of events envolving growth, replicationand division in a eukaryotic cell
- Central microtublule organizing center of cells, regulates cell cycle progression
- Microtubule Organizing Center (MOTC)
- Animal cells contain two centroles
- Constriction where sister chromatids of a chromosome are held together.
- region of a chromosome to which the spindal fiber is attached.
Indintation that begins the processs of cleavage, by which human cells undergo cytokinesis
Division of cytoplasm following mitosis and meiosis
Cell that rises froma parent cell by mitosis or meiosis
(2n) Cell condition in which two of each type of chromosome are present in the nucleus
Union of a sperm and egg nucleus, which creates a zygote
Haploid sex cell egg and spermwhich join fertilization to form a zygote
The "n" number of chromosomes in a gamete of individual
Half the diploid number
Member of a pair of chromosomes that are alike that come together in synapsis during prophase of the first meiotic division.
Member of a momologous pair of chromosomes
Period between meiosis I and meiosis II, during which no DNA replication takes place.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview