The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What begins your HTML
What ends your HTML document?
What contains information about the page such as the TITLE,
The TITLE of your page. This will
be visible in the title bar of the viewers’ browser.
What closes the HTML <title> tag.
What closes the HTML <head> tag.
Where do you begin writing your document
and placing your HTML codes.
How do you end it?
What is the basic layout for a web site
- <title>Your Page Title</title>
What is the root, or the foundation of your web page?
<html> and </html>
What section on your web page is seen when vistors come?
Where does supplemental information go? And what is included in this section?
- <title> </title> (the title of each pages goes in the head)
- The title in this is all the way on the top part of the web browser. Usually the blue space on explorer.
What are the headers of the page and what is the range? Explain?
- <h1></h1> is the most important header being the biggest font and <h6></h6> is the least important being the smallest font.
- <h5> and <h6> are usually so small on web pages that developers don't use them.
What is the code for a paragraph?
What is a DOCTYPE?
It is a description on how the web browser should read and interpret html tags and codes. There are several types of doctypes. An example is HTML 4.01 Transitional.
What you need to include in all web pages that I don't quite understand yet? There are two.
- <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//w3c//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
- <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
What are the 6 most used tags
- 1. <h1> </h1> These are headers - h1-h6
- 2. <p> </p> These are paragraph tags
- These are the two list tags
- 3. <ul> </ul> un ordered list, ul. This creates a list of itmes with bullets. The inner section of this is <li> </li> which is the list item tag.
- 3. <ol> </ol> ordered list tags, ol. Creates list of items with numbers.
- 4. <div> </div> Division tag (or div tag) is a nuetral tag. It doesn't do anything to the tag store images that you shove inbetween, it wont effect text but allows you to demark a a portion (put a portion of the page into a container that you can do all kinds of things to it, animated, visable invisible) of your page so you can do things to it.
- 5. <a href=""> </a> aka the link tag, for hyper links. This is the most important tag on the internet, its what makes the internet work.
- 6. <img src=""> This is an image tag, allows you to insert an image.
Most of the other tags are outdated and not used.
What are the three parts of the html tags?
- 1. Tag - html information
- 2. Attribute - controls link color, size and destination
- 3. Value - The color, size and link destiniation
what is the code for italic?
Definition list - This creates a structured, non bulleted list best suited for term and definition style formatting
What is a block quote?
- <blockquote> </blockquote>
- This is a text indent command.