The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the stages of Abraham Maslow hierarchy of needs?
- Psychological needs
- Being Loved
- Self Esteem
- Self actualization ( highest level of growth)
What are qualities associated with self actualized people?
- Realism: they are realstic
- Acceptance: they accept themselves as they are
- Autonomist: they act independent of their social environment, they have an inner locus of control
- authenticity: they are genuin
- high capacity of intimecy
What are stages associated with growing up psychologically and meeting life's challanges?
- develope an adult id
- develope intimacy
- develope value and purpose
What are some ways associated with raising a self esteem?
- Be less defensive
- Be objective
- Honest communication
What is the defenition of a psychological disorder and what are some factors playing a role?
When emotions or irrational thoughts interfere with daily activities / It can be results of many factors such as genetic, trumatic effects and family/social and cultural influances
What are the most common types of psychological disorders?
- Anxiety ( feeling of fear which is out of perportion)
- Simple phobia
- Social phobia ( shy people)
- panic disorder( short breath, strong heartbeat)
- GAD ( worry about a future threat)
- PTSD ( reacting severely to trumatic events occured in the past)
- Obssesive-compulsive disorder ( obssesion is a persistant thoughts , compulsion is difficult hard to resist actions)
What are mood disorders?
- Depression ( demoralization, feeling of sadness, loss of pleasure,wight loss/gain, insomnia,fetigue, thoughts of suicide)
- Mania ( talketive, energetic, restless)
- Bipolar ( swinging between depression and mania)
- schizophranic( disturbance in thinking)
What are some warning signs of suicide?
- expressing wish to be dead
- increase social isolation
- suddent lightening of mood
- suicide by family member or friend
- history of substance abuse
- medical problems
What are some ways of psychotherapy?
What are some ways of getting help
- self help
- peer counsling
- professional help