Because Shellfish are High Risk, they have specific Tag rules. What are they?
- Identify the Origin of the Shellfish.
- Identify the Name and Address of the Supplier.
- Identify the Certification Number of the Supplier.
- Identify the "Sell by" or "Shucked" Date.
- Tags must be kept with the Shellfish.
- Each Tagged group must be kept separate at all times (unless the tags are IDENTICAL).
- Tags are KEPT when the shellfish has been sold or served.
- Tags must be retained for 90 days, in Date Order.
- If the Shellfish are SOLD vs served, Tag records will also Identify the Source, record the Sold date, and Lot ID.