The Weimar Republic
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what did the Socialists want? (2 points)
- to give everybody the vote
- improve working& living conditions for workers
how many parties did the Socialists consist of?
what did the Social Democratic Party want? (3 points)
- to achieve their aims by peaceful means
- the reichstag to pass laws which would slowly improve living conditions for Germans
- the reichstag to be elected by all people
what did the Independent Socialists want? (2 points)
- to force the Government to change the laws quickly
- to organise strikes in order to achievr thier aims
what did the Spartacists want? (3 points)
- to overthrow the government by revolution
- to replace the government with a workers council which would make laws to help the working class
- they followed the lead of Lenin who organised a Communist Revolution in Russia in 1917
why were the conservatives and nationalists in a minority?
germany had just lost the war& people wanted to returned to peace& prosperity
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview