The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
when was the Treaty of Versailles signed? And why?
- 28th June 1919
- 5th anniversery of the assassinations at Sarajevo
which Military Terms were included in the Treaty of Versailles? (5 points)
- The West Bank of the Rhine was to be demilitarised
- All German submarines and military aircraft were to be destroyed
- The German navy were only allowed small vessels under 10,000 tons
- The German High Seas Fleet was to be handed over to Britain
- The German Army was to be reduced to 100,000 troops
Which Territorial Terms were included in the Treaty of Versailles? (4 points)
- All German colonies were to be handed over to the League of Nations
- Alsace& Lorraine were to be returned to France
- Wesr Prussia, Posen& Silesia were to be given to Poland
- Union with Austria was forbidden
Which Economic Terms were included in the Treaty of Versailles? (3 points)
- Germany had to be £6 billion in reparations to the Allies
- The coal mines of the Saar Valley were to go to France for 15 yrs
- Germany had to send coal to Belgium& build ships for Britain
which General Term were included in the Treaty of Versailles? (1 point)
Germany has to accept responsibility of started the War
How did the Treaty affect Germany? (5 points)
- they could not restart the War because they were so weak
- they could not force the allies to change their minds
- they felt that they had been taken in by the 14 points, they were nothing like the Treaty
- they were forced to accept the blame for starting the War
- they had to sign the Treaty in the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles
What were the 'November Criminals'?
- the politicians who gave in to the Allies& signed the treaty
- they were accused of stabbing the army in the back
Germany was forced to accept the blame for starting the war. What was the name of the treaty they signed?
The War Guilt Clause