Materials & Sources
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Wood Veneer [vs. solid wood]
Veneer- thin cut wood laminated on top particle board.
includes wood particles made with grain of wood - processed wood will last 15 yrs.
Lasts 10-20 yrs.
Solid wood floor
Deciduous. Last 100+ yrs
- Deciduous trees
- Domestic- Maple, Oak
- Tropical- Teak, Mahogany
- Coniferous trees
- Pine, Spruce
- Forest Stewardship Council
- Sustainably grown trees, not just harvested
Plain- most common, cathedral
Quarter- Straight grain, reflects light differently
Rift- Very straight, hardly different throughout
- Oak tree bark, doesn't ruin tree
- imported from Mediterranean
Bonded with heat and adhesive
- layer of wood veneers, sandwiched together in odd # @ 90 angles
- use for furniture
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview