Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Characteristics of Shu Wen (summer-heat warm diseases)?
- attack Yangming + Qi level FIRST & directly!
- easily damage body fluids + Qi
- accompanied by dampness
Pathogenic factor of Shu Wen?
- External factor: summer-heat
- Internal factor: coupled with Zheng Qi deficiency of body
Transmission of Shu Wen?
- rapid changes
- directly to Qi level
- fluid and Qi damage
- blocked orifices
- endogenous wind stirring
- can be accompanied by dampness
Treatment of Shu Wen?
- Early onset: clear heat with pungent, cold herbs
- Qi damage: clear heat & generate fluids with sweet, cold herbs
- Increase Qi & fluids: sour, bitter herbs
(summer-heat affecting Yangming)
Bai Hu Tang
- Sheng Shi Gao
- Zhi Mu
- Gan Cao
- Jing Mi
Modifications for Qi pattern?
- Bai Hu Tang ...
- + Ren Shen (tonify Qi & generate fluids)
- + Cang Zhu (epigastric fullness, heavy boy)
- + Da Qing Ye, Ban Lan Gen (sore throat)
- + Bei Mu, Xing Ren, Huang Qin (cough with stick sputum)
- + Gui Zhi (swelling & painful joints)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview