The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which of the following would be appropriately designed as DEAD SPACE?
a. An Auditorium
b. A Church
c. An Office
d. A Hospital Patient Room
- d. A Hospital Patient Room
- A DEAD SPACE is appropriate for a hospital because it would be quiet. The room would contain a large amount of porous materials to absorb sound waves. Auditoriums and churches are designed as LIVE SPACES. These spaces reflect sound waves. Offices need a mixture of deaad and live spaces, allowing for some WHITE NOISE.
- A unit of <B><FONT COLOR='RED'>SOUND ABSORPTION</font></b>
- Named after the American Physicist Wallace C. W. Sabine.
- One unit is equal to one square foot of a totally absorptive surface.
The eye is composed of a focusing device, a brightness control, and a sensing surface. What are the the names of these parts of the eye?
- LENS: Focuses
- IRIS: Controls brightness
- RETINA: Sense color
The objective of a fire protection system is to make a building:
b. Fire retardant
c. Fire resistant
d. Fire safe
- c. fire Resistant
- The objective of a fire protection system is to enable structures to resist fire long enough for the safe evacuation of all occupants.