The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is CRP
involve paying staff wholly or partly in relation to level of competence they demonstrate in carrying out their roles.
why ? employers seek to encourage flexibility, multi-skilling and continuous development
What different btw har and soft?
- Hard:= work bake competences (should be albe to do)
- Soft = Behaviour (characteristics ppl need to demonstrate in their work., team work, strategic thinking, leadership
Armstrong (2000) and three key aspect of competency
- 1. Input (knowledge, skill, personal attribute)
- 2. Process (behaviour require to convert the input in to output)
- 3. Out put ( referring to the out come achieve)
Advantages of CRP
- 1. Encourage competence development
- 2. Fits de-;auered organisation by facilitating lateral career moves
- 3. Helps to intergrate role and organisational core competencies
- 4. form part of an intergrated,, competencies -based approach to ppl management
- 5. Deliver message that competences is important
Disadvantages of CPC
- 1. Relies on appropriate, relevent and agreed competence profiles
- 2. Assessment of competence level may be difficult
- 3. Might pay for irrelevant competencies
- 4. Link to pay may be arbitrary ( chuyên quyền?)
- 5. Cost may escalate if inappropriate or unused competencies are rewarded.