PNP: Family Theory Assessment.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe bi-nuclear family form.
- Post divorcefamily
- Child is a member of family system composed of two nuclear households
- Varying degrees of cooperation between households
- Time spent at each home variable
Describe a non-traditional variant family forum.
- Open Marriages
- Communal Families
- Group Marriages
- Gay and Lesbian Families
- These forms stress the value of self actualization, independence, gender equality intimacy and variety of interpersonal relationships and openness in communication
Name the methods of assessing the family unit?
- Functional Assessment
- Calgary Family Assessments
Describe a genogram.
- Perfect tool to map family structure and health care status
- Identification of family strengths is helpful when planning and contracting specific interventions
Describe a functional assessment.
- Explores interaction between family members and family functioning
- Explores reciprocal relationship between the family and illness
- Ecomap and relationship lines
- Family connection with larger systems
- Flow of energy
- Nature of relationships between family and larger systems
Describe a Theoretical Foundations for Calgary Family Assessment.
- Family as a whole system is greater than the sum of the parts (members).
- A circular/system perspective guides the practitioner to understand the reciprocity between family relationships and healthstatus
- A change in one family member affects all others
- Family members can communicate verbally and nonverbally simultaneously.
- Each family member’s perspective is valid and legitimate and should be heard.
- Families have abilities and strengths to discover solutions.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview