Describe a Theoretical Foundations for Calgary Family Assessment.
- Family as a whole system is greater than the sum of the parts (members).
- A circular/system perspective guides the practitioner to understand the reciprocity between family relationships and healthstatus
- A change in one family member affects all others
- Family members can communicate verbally and nonverbally simultaneously.
- Each family member’s perspective is valid and legitimate and should be heard.
- Families have abilities and strengths to discover solutions.