THS 503E Exam III
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The seperation of the of the materail and immaterial aspects of a person
Define Intermediate State
State of existence between physical death and physical resurrection.
God's People in God's Place under God's Rule
Define Inaugurated Eschatology
God's promised Messiah has come in the person of Jesus, inaugurating (beginning) the promised age of salvation. We have the first taste of a number of eschatological blessings. But the consummation and final fulfillment is yet future.
Heaven is about getting to be with Jesus, doing what He likes to do.
Seven Aspects of Kingdom of God in OT prophecy
- 1) Spiritual
- 2) Moral/Ethical
- 3) Social
- 4) Political
- 5) Physical
- 6) Ecclesiastical
- 7) Doxological
The "Reconciling Kingdom Program"
- The dynamic activity of the soveriegn, triune God
- to manifest his authority in His sin-alienated creation.
- by redeeming it from the domain of evil.
- judging all enemies.
- and bestowing the blessings of his beneficient reign
- on and through His people
- to the praise of His glory
Attitude Toward History
- 1) Triumphant: Gospel will prevail and the world will be Christianized.
- 2) Transforming: Christians will penetrate society and Christianize its stuctures s part of the culture mandate.
- 3) Prophetic: As it proclaims the gospel and seeks to win people to Christ, the church prroclaims righteousness in the culture by deed adn word & exposes its evils in a context of grace.
- 4) Ambivalent: If the proclamation of the gospel results in revival, society will improve as a secondary effect.
- 5) Negative: Only Messiah can change society. We save people form the world 9Satan's domain) and bring them into the church community that practices the separation of church & state. Lifeboat view.
State & Defend
Define your view with attention to:
the interpretation of OT prophecy
place of Israel
nature of the kingdom
State & Defend
Define your view and be sure to address
who is there
punishement or exclusion
everlasting or annihilation
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview