Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Indications of hydrochlorothiazide and indapamide??
precautions of hydrochlorothiazide and indamapmide?
Hypokalaemia with high doses
Adverse effects of hydrochlorothiazide and indapamide?
- dizziness, weakness, muscle cramps, orthostatic hypotension, hyponatraemia, hypokalaemia,
Effects on glucose tolerance, plasma lipids and male sexual function are minimal with low doses.
Dose of hydrochlothiazide?
Hypertension, 12.5–25 mg in the morning.
Oedema, 25–100 mg daily, or intermittently
Counselling for hydrochlorothiazide and indapamide?
You may feel dizzy on standing when taking this medicine. Get up gradually from sitting or lying to minimise this effect; sit or lie down if you become dizzy.
Dose of indapamide?
1.25–2.5 mg once daily in the morning.
Indications for frusemide?
Precautions for using frusemide?
prostatic obstruction - may worsen
Adverse effects of frusemide?
dehydration, gout, dizziness, orthostatic hypotension,
Dose of frusemide?
20-40mg once or twice daily maintain at 20-400mg daily
Counselling of frusemide?
This medicine is usually taken once daily in the morning. If you are taking it twice a day, take the first dose in the morning and the second dose before 6 pm.
- You may feel dizzy on standing when taking this
- medicine. Get up gradually from sitting or lying to minimise this effect; sit or lie down if you become dizzy.
Indications for spironolactone?
- Primary hyperaldosteronism
- Refractory oedema associated with secondary hyperaldosteronism, eg cirrhosis of the liver
- Hirsutism in females
Precautions of spironolactone?
- hyperkalaemia -- contraindicated
- Treatment with drugs that can increas potassium concentration oe ACEI
- severe renal impairment -- contraindicated
Adverse effects of spironolactone?
- weakness, headache, nausea, vomiting, breast pain
- diarrhoea, drowsiness, confusion, impotence,
- menstrual irregularities.
Dose of spironolactone?
Hirsutism in females
severe heart failure
- 50–200 mg daily in 1 or 2 doses.-- Primary hyperaldosteronism
- 100 mg once daily; maintenance 25–200 mg daily. -odema
- 50-100mg daily - Hirsutism in females
- 25-50mg - heart failure
Counselling for spironolactone?
Do not take potassium supplements while you are taking this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.