Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Repetition of the last word of one clause at the beginning of the following clause
- Repetition of words in reverse grammatical order
- "One should eat to live, not live to eat"
- inversion of hte natural or usual word order
- "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"
Repetition of the same word or group of wordss at the ends of clauses
- Repetition at the end of a clause of the word that occured at the beginning of a clause
- "strenth matched with strength"
- Repetition of the same word(s) at the beginning of successive clauses
- "We shall ..., we shall...,"
- placing side by side two coordinate elements, the second of which serves as an explanation or modification of the first
- "The mountain was the earth, her home"
- Juxtaposition of contrasting ideas, often in parallel stucture
- "What if I am rich, and another is poor?"
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview