Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
primary challenges of constructing an atomic bomb?
- concept: is it possible - through fission
- capacity: have resources and infrastructure - uranium, plutonium, 150, 000 people in los alamos, NM
- size: small enough to be delivered - 4 tons, B29 bomber
- Economy: raw materials to mass produce - yes
what people primarily involved?
German jews who escaped the holocaust
behind the scenes story
- hilter wanted heavy water in germany
- ferry over norwegian sea in boat
- norwegians sink boat, 14 die
discuss progress of nuclear weapons
transport through submarine, Airplanes, ICBM, tactical/battlefield
how did the world become more dangerous after soviet russia fell?
- break up caused many small, unstable countries to form
- we have less control of the weapons, more difficult to negotiate
- dealing with multiple parties, issues,
- could be sold/stolen by terrorists, no return address
- right thing to do is destroy ours, put all the money we use to maintain the weapons to instead make sure no one has any.
- only good for destroying humanity
- master spy for soviet union
- brought world to brink of nuclear disaster by giving russia u.s. secrets
- brought world away from brink by working out cuban missile crisis
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview