Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the classic sx of chest pain?
- Crushing substernal pain or abdominal pain
- Sx last longer than 15-20 minutes
What are important PMH to know with a pt presenting with CP?
- HTN, DM, Cholesterol, Tobacco, Obesity, Drugs use/abuse
- Family history
What are clinical findings on PE for CP?
- Pulmonary Edema
- New murmor
What are the three kinds of angina discussed?
- Rest angina - Pain >20 mins
- New Onset - severe pain within 2 months of presentation. Marked decrease in PE
- Increasing - Previously dx angina which is worsening
What is the DDx for CP?
- Connective Tissue
What are the DEADLY SIX?
- Aortic Dissection
What are the serum markers in CP?
- Myoglobin - from muscle
- CK-MB - from death of muscle
- Troponin - from myocardial injury
What are the most common presenting sx for AMI?
- 26% - initial Cxr
- 54% - SOB
- 14% Abdominal Pain
How do we treat an AMI?
- 100% ASA
- 100% low flow O2
- Antiplatlet therapy
- Heparin, LMW Heparin, Clopidogrel
Complications of AMI
- Diastolic dysfunction - pulmonary congestion --> shock
- Systolic dysfunction - diminished cardiac output -->shock
- Mechanial Complications (wall rupture, pericarditis, thrombus)
How do we treat Pulmonary Edema?
- E-Endotracheal Intubation
How do we classify aortic dissections?
- Standford A/Debakey I-II - surgical
- Standford B/Debakey III - Medical
What will find on exam with a pneumothorax?
- Decreased breath sounds
- Decreased BP
- Trach Deviation
What will we find on an EKG with a PE?
- S1, Q3, T3
- most common ST, R-Axis deviation
What hallmarks can we see on CXR with PE?
- Westermark - cutoff Pulmonary Artery
- Hamptons Hump - Pleural based wedge
What is the gold standard for Dx of PE?
What is a classic presentation of Pericarditis?
- sharp, pleuritic pain
- most severe in supine position
- better when patient sits or leans forward
What will pericarditis look like on EKG?
- Diffuse ST elevations
- PR depression
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview