Chem5, College of the Desert
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
B - D - Glucuronate
- B - D - Glucuronate
- N-Acetyl-B-D-Glucosamine :
- Sucrose: A disaccharide composed of glucose and fructose; a nonreducing sugar, commonly called table sugar or "sugar".
- Lactose: A disaccharide consisting of glucose and galactose found in milk and milk products.
Anomers of Glucose
- Anomers (of Glucose): an anomer is a special type of epimer. It is one of two stereoisomers of a cyclic saccharide that differs only in its configuration at the hemiacetal or hemiketal carbon, also called the anomeric carbon.
- Anomerization is the process of conversion of one anomer to the other. Anomerization is the anomeric analogue of epimerization.
- Maltose: A disacchasride consisting of two glucose units; it is obtained from the hydrolysis of starch and in germinating grains.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview