Define the OSI model.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What layer on the OSI model is Application?
- Layer 7
- Responsible for network services to applications
What layer on the OSI model is Presentation?
- Layer 6
- Transforms data formats to provide a standard interface for the Application layer
What layer on the OSI model is Session?
- Layer 5
- Establishes, manages and teminates the connections between the local and remote application.
What layer on the OSI model is Transport?
- Layer 4
- Provides reliable transport and flow control across a network
What layer on the OSI model is Network?
- Layer 3
- Responsible for logical addressing and the domain of routing
What layer on the OSI model is Data Link?
- Layer 2
- Provides phyisical addressing and media access procedures
What layer on the OSI model is Physical?
- Layer 1
- Defines all the electrical and phyisical specifications for devices
Two Mnemonics to help you remember the seven layers of the OSI?
Some examples include: "All People Seem To Need Data Processing" and "Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away".
There are 4 Layers of data communication process of TCP/IP?
- 1.Network Access
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview