Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What causes isolated splenomegaly?
Chronic liver disease with portal hypertension
What causes splenomegaly and hepatomegaly?
- Polycythaemia rubra vera
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Essential thrombocythaemia
List 3 respiratory causes of clubbing of the fingers.
- Interstitial fibrosis
- Lung carcinoma
- Chronic pulmonary suppuration (bronchiectasis, lung abscess, empyema, CF)
List 2 cardiovascular causes of clubbing of fingers.
- Infective endocarditis
- Congenital cyanotic heart disease
List 4 conditions associated with crackles and describe each type of crackle.
- COPD - early inspiratory, medium coarseness
- Pulmonary fibrosis - fine, late/pan-inspiratory
- Left ventricular failure - medium coarseness, late/pan-inspiratory
- Bronchiectasis - coarse, gurgling, late/pan-inspiratory
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview