Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Indications for pizotifen?
Prevention of recurrent migraine and cluster headache
Precautions of pizotifen?
- glaucoma or prostatic hypertrophy
- epilepsy --increased risk of seizure
Adverse effects of pizotifen?
- sedation, fatigue, nausea, increased appetite, weight gain
- dry mouth, constipation, dizziness
Dose of pizotifen?
0.5mg daily at night, increasing to 1.5mg daily. max dose 4.5 mg
Counselling for pizotifen?
- Pizotifen may make you feel drowsy especially when you first start to take it and may increase the effects of alcohol; do not drive or operate machinery if you are affected.
- Your appetite may increase when taking this medicine and you may need to pay more attention to your diet to avoid weight gain.
Indications for sumitriptan?
- Acute migraine relief
- Acute relieve of cluster headaches
Precautionis of sumitriptan?
- within 14 days of stopping an MAOI --contraindicated
- uncontrolled HTN -- contraindicated
- Patients with high cardiovascular risks -- can predispose to strokes
Adverse effects of sumitriptan?
- Burning sensation in nose or throat or heat or tingling
- taste disturbances (nasal spray only)
- flushing, dizziness, drowsiness
Dose of sumitriptan?
50–100 mg (can repeat after 2 hours). Max dose 300mg
Counselling for sumatriptan?
- This medication is most effective if taken when the headache is beginning to develop
- This medicine may make you feel drowsy or dizzy; if you are affected, do not drive or operate machinery.
- If there is no improvement with the first dose, do not repeat.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview