What is the main objective of the artistic component of the RG exercise?
To project an emotional message to the spectators and to display the choreographic idea with an expressive interpretation guided by the following three aspects: music accompaniment, artistic image and expressivity (choreography)
Are very short and voluntary stops allowed?
Yes, all the exercises have to be performed in their totality with a musical accompaniment. However, very short and voluntary stops, motivated by the composition, may be tolerated.
Is an exercise performed voluntarily or involuntarily during a long period or in its totality without music accompaniment been evaluated?
In the case of interruption is due to a fault of the Organizers, is the gymnast authorised to repeat the exercise?
What music is allowed?
The music may be interpreted by one or several instruments, including the voice used as an instrument (without words). All instruments are authorised provided that they express music with the characteristics necessary to accompany an RG exercise: clear and well defined in its structure.
What form can the music be?
The exercise may be accompanied either by one musician or by a musical recording on CD.
What are the conditions required for recording?
- It is permitted to record a sound signal at the beginning of the recording, but the name of the gymnast or the apparatus should never be mentioned.
- A different CD will be used for each exercise
- The music must be recorded at the beginning of the CD
- The following will be marked on the CD:
- The name of the gymnast and the 3 capital letters used by the FIG to designate the gymnast's country
- A symbol representing the apparatus used
- The length of the music
- The name(s) of the composer(s) and of the music used.