Bible Apoligetic test
Card Set Information
Bible Apoligetic test
Philosophy and Ethics
1. What is the core of S.H. Philosophy? Marxist Philosophy?
Naturalism, Matter is all that can be know
2. How is knowledge acquired in each philosophy?
C.H.:within each person
3. S.H. rejects what? Why?
Supernatural is rejected because it does not pass the tes of scientific method
4. What are the implications of S.H. Philosophy?
The purpose of man is to get as far as possible on his own before death, if the mind is just a scientific
machine;there is no real value to people, science becomes a god in which all faith must lie, there is little
hope for each one's future
5. Know the Marxist Dialectic.
life is constantly evolviong and changing in an upward spiral of evolution through clashes of opposing forces
6. Know the mind-body problem and how each philosophy addresses it.
S.H.:the mind is seeen as simply a manifestation of the brain
the mind is just the result of "2 billion years of evolution"
the mind dies with the body, resulting in complete mortality
Marx:the mind is seeen as simply a manifestation of the brain
this is monism
7. Cosmic Humanist Philosophy is know as?
8. Where does truth lie for the C.H., and how do they know truth?
within each person
9. What is matter for different philosophies?
Secular:material world is all that exists
Marxist:matter is eternal, infinite, uncreated, and indestructible
Humanism:mater is a manisfestation of the spirit
10. Know how science and scientific method are a part of certain philosophies.
For Humanist, supernatural is rejected because it does not pass the test of scientific method
For Marxism, knowledge is that which has been tested and investigated by science
For Humanists, everything is supernatural
11. Identify all the statements.
C.H.:"When we consistently suppress and distrust our intuitive knowingness, looking instead for external
authority, validation and approval from others, we give our personal power away."-Shakti Gawain
S.H.:The mind is just the result of "2 billion years of evolution"
Post-mod:anti-realism,the belief that reality is subjectively constructed by human thought
Marxist:life is constantly evolviong and changing in an upward spiral of evolution through clashes of opposing forces
12. Be able to define ethics and what it seeks to determine.
a system of moral principles, what is right or wrong
13. Be able to explain the Epistemological Dilemma.
how we know what we know, theory of knowledge
17. Define philosophy.
the study of the processes of governing thought and conduct
18. Islam and Christian are both what? ...and share what?
they are both theistic and share some biblical/ot roots, both affirm the supernatural and spiritual, both use
faith and reason to support their beliefs
19. What/who influenced Islamic Philosophy
20. What is truth in post-modernism?
21. Descrive post-modern view on literature and methodology.
postmodernists are concerned with the language of written texts and use the methodology of deconstruction