Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Pain History - SOCRATES
- Associated Sx
- Exaccerbating and Relieving factors
- Surgical Hx
Qs to ask in Hx of Dyspepsia
- always related to food or spontaneous?
- does anything relieve it - milky drinks/food
- is it positional?
Qs to ask in Hx of Dysphagia
- New Sx or longstanding?
- rapidly worsening or relatively constant?
- worse with solid foods or liquids?
- can anything relieve it?
- can Pt point to level of blockage?
- is there associated spluttering?
Qs to ask in Hx of acid reflux
- when does it occur - lying/bending/standing?
- assoc w. coughing?
Qs to ask in Hx of haematemesis
- Volume over time?
- Did blood appear w initial vomits or only after prolonged vomiting?
Qs to ask in Hx of changing bowel habit
- Change in frequency, or looser/harder stools
- persistent or transient
- associated symptoms
- is it variable?
Qs to ask in Hx of PR bleeding
- Colour of blood
- Pink-red and only on paper?
- Splashing in pan?
- bright red on surface of stool?
- darker blood, slots or marbled into stools?
- blood fully mixed with stool or altered?
what is tenesmus?
desire to pass stools with either no result or incomplete satisfaction of defecation
Qs to ask in Hx of jaundice
- how quickly did it develop?
- any assoc. pruiritis?
- any Sx of pain, fever, malaise?
Qs to ask in Hx of hamoptysis?
- dark blood?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview