2011 Med 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cholesterolemia - What are the investigations to do?
- Fasting serum TGL
- Fasting serum HDL, LDL
- BSL, TFT, LFT, UEC
Cholesterolemia - Describe how would you recommend diet?
- Fat less than 30% of total energy
- Increase fibre & high GI
- Fruits and veg - 5 portions/day
- Fish - 2 portions/week
- Limit alcohol intake
Cholesterolemia - at 35yo, no drugs is needed if no RFs/Fx & TC <7.5. If we do use drugs, what can be used?
- HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (statins): for LDL-C lowering, 6-weekly LFTs.
- Fibrates: triglyceride-lowering/HDL-C-raising agents.
- Resins: lowering of LDL-C substantially when given with statins
Cholesterolemia - follow up plans?
- Dietary diary - r/v every 2 weeks
- Blood lipids every 2 month
- Monitor for other RFs too... =)
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview