Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Acts directly on myocytes to inhibit beta1 and alpha1 receptors
1. Prolongs duration of the action potential
2. Prolongs refractory period
3.relaxes vascular smooth muscle
4. Reduces peripheral vascular resistance
Amiodarone is used to treat life threatening ventricular and supraventricular dysrhthmias.
Severe sinus bradycardia
Advanced AV block
1. Cardiogenic Shock
2. Brady dysrhythmias
3. Muscle weakness
4. Dizziness, Vomitting
- ADULT DOSE:
- IV/IO arrest 300mg repeat x1 in 3-5 min
- Perfusing VT : 150mg over 10 min follwed by 1mg/min over 6hrs
Rapid: long elemination creates high risk of toxicity
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview