Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The dome-shaped ______________
is the most
important muscle that is responsible for breathing.
What are the muscles assist in breathing
- internal intercostal muscles
- external intercostal muscles
Which of the following act(s) to increase the size of the thoracic cavity during
- External intercostal muscles
The ________ is the
largest muscle mass of the back, forming a prominent bulge on either side of the
where is the Iliacus muscle?
attaches at the iliac crest
Where is the semispinalis capitis?
- Top of neck..
- articular processes of C4-C6 and transverse process of C7-T7
- insertion: Octipital bones between superior and inferior nuchal lines
- extend head and verebral clumn, rotates head to side oppoiste contracting muscle
where is the longissimus capitis
- top side of neck down posteriorly
- articular process of T1-T4
- insersion: Mastoid process of temporal bone
- extends head and verebral column, laterally flex and rotates head to same side as contracting muscle
Where is the splenius capitis?
- over the semispinalis capitis
- origin: ligamentum nuchae & spinous processes of C7-T4
- insertion: occipital bone and masoid process of temperoral bone
- extend head, rotates head to oposite side of contracting muscle
where is the Spinalis Thoracis
- part of spinalis group - medial
- origin: spinous processes of T10-L2
- insertion: Spinous processes of superior thorasic vertebrae
- acts together extend vertebral column
Where is the longissimus cervicis
- origin: transverse processes of T4-T5
- insertion: transverse processes of C2-C6
- wtih the longissimus cervices and both logissimus thoracis muscles extend vertebral column of their repsective region.. singly laterally flex verebral column of their respective regions
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview