The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The dome-shaped ______________
is the most
important muscle that is responsible for breathing.
What are the muscles assist in breathing
- internal intercostal muscles
- external intercostal muscles
Which of the following act(s) to increase the size of the thoracic cavity during
- External intercostal muscles
The ________ is the
largest muscle mass of the back, forming a prominent bulge on either side of the
where is the Iliacus muscle?
attaches at the iliac crest
Where is the semispinalis capitis?
- Top of neck..
- articular processes of C4-C6 and transverse process of C7-T7
- insertion: Octipital bones between superior and inferior nuchal lines
- extend head and verebral clumn, rotates head to side oppoiste contracting muscle
where is the longissimus capitis
- top side of neck down posteriorly
- articular process of T1-T4
- insersion: Mastoid process of temporal bone
- extends head and verebral column, laterally flex and rotates head to same side as contracting muscle
Where is the splenius capitis?
- over the semispinalis capitis
- origin: ligamentum nuchae & spinous processes of C7-T4
- insertion: occipital bone and masoid process of temperoral bone
- extend head, rotates head to oposite side of contracting muscle
where is the Spinalis Thoracis
- part of spinalis group - medial
- origin: spinous processes of T10-L2
- insertion: Spinous processes of superior thorasic vertebrae
- acts together extend vertebral column
Where is the longissimus cervicis
- origin: transverse processes of T4-T5
- insertion: transverse processes of C2-C6
- wtih the longissimus cervices and both logissimus thoracis muscles extend vertebral column of their repsective region.. singly laterally flex verebral column of their respective regions