Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what factors are associated with conflict resolution?
- Evolutionary stable strategy ( game theory and assumptions)
- Evolution of display ( hawks and doves, hawks and doves and bourgeois)
what is strategy?
it is a behavioral response of an individual
what is ESS?
strategy which if adopted by all members of a population cannot be invaded by any alternative strategy . This is found using game theory
when is game theory needed?
it is needed when fitness consequences of a behaviour depend on what others are doing.( frequency dependent)
what is the example of a frequency dependence?
right and left jaw fish
what assumptions are made for ESS?
- Infinite population
- Asexual reproduction
- all strategies are specified
- either pairwise contest occur or one individual competes against a group
possible behaviors associated with evolution of display?
- fight but risk injury
what is pure ESS?
when they are all hawks or all doves. Usually when V resource is greater than cost
what does frequency dependence mean?
It means fitness depends on strategy frequancy
what is a mechanism for Mixed ESS?
stable strategy set in which a single individual sometimes performs one strategy and sometimes another with the probability p.
what does stable polymorphic state
in which a fraction p of the population adopts one strategy and the remainder 1-p adopts another.
what do side blotched lizards do ? what is this an example of ?
- they have three throat color morphs
- Blue they are ineffective against orange males
- orange males have large territories
- yellow males sneak copulation
- this is an example of stable polymorphism
what is uncorrelated asymmetry?
- it is where opponents differ but not with regard to fighting ability
- example is the hawk dove and bourgeois
when is hawk dove bourgeois pure ESS?
if V> C then hawk will be pure ESS and when V
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview